View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #34
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
If I can ever get this totally working, it will be primarily fictional in terms of league setups, at least. For Major League Baseball and the American Federal Baseball Union, at least, I will try to manually add players to each year's draft pool, so that there is less of a chance that unintentional appearances of historical players happen, seeing as I will be using historical players, at least at first, in those leagues, from all over known baseball history, running from 1871 to 2016 or 2017, at the least, with periodically added fictional players as well.

The players of this game would be starting from 1901, and begin playing with selected players already placed on all-time rosters that I will have specially selected, at least at first. They wouldn't necessarily have all the same players as the default All-Time Greatest quickstart might have, mind you, but I wanted to try to spread out the talented players better, if at all possible, among the applicable 32 teams here from both MLB and the AFBU.

MLB would have the classic 16 teams from the NL and AL, while the AFBU would have the other fourteen current MLB teams and two other teams to balance out the MLB's league setup, with the other two teams being the New Jersey Generals and Chicago Whales of the Federal League.

The Continental League teams would be the Diamondbacks, the Angels, the Rockies, the Colt 45's/Astros, the Royals, the Padres, the Mariners, and the Rangers, while the Federal League would consist of the Whales, the Marlins, the Brewers, the Expos, the Generals, the Mets, the Devil Rays, and the Blue Jays. Of course, the NL and AL would have the proper teams as well for each of them.

As for parks to eventually use for each of those 32 teams, if and when I can ever get this thing totally set up as needed and desired here, what parks would you recommend for possible use for each of those teams? For the older teams, at the very least, I'd really like to use more classic stadiums, if possible. And not necessarily the current ones either, for that matter. Please advise, if and when you like. CD outl
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote