View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 08:47 AM   #1
Rumplebeanskin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just installed FHM5, can't start new game?

I just took the plunge on FHM 5 with the Stanley Cup sale. Downloaded through Steam, and loaded up. When I go to start a new standard game, I type my file name, and get the following:

"ERROR! Could not open game folder"

If I try and create a new historical game, I can access the initial set up menu to pick a year etc. once I try to advance the game crashes. Presumably because the game can't see the files it needs to load.

After a brief search, the issue sounds somewhat similar to the one documented in this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=296912

I think the problem is the same. For other games I have installed in steam, my documents folder has a folder for the games in question. There's nothing in there for FHM.

I've been into steam and made sure Beta involvement is off, and I've also verified the integrity of the game files. I'm also running steam as the admin.

I've tried following the steps to create the folders manually in the Documents folder, but despite everything I try, they remain as Read Only files. This may be the issue? However, it hasn't been an issue with other steam games that I've installed. They're still marked as Read Only and working fine.

I'm on a Dell Laptop, with Windows 7 installed.

I'm a little bit stuck on this one though, and really would rather enjoy the game than try and get a refund. Any help appreciated!

Thanks!
Rumplebeanskin is offline   Reply With Quote