View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #10
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I have to admit I started looking into doing this. However, the friend list feature is not exactly user friendly. I went in to see who I could add to my friend list and the only way to search is if you already know the name of the team. You otherwise have to search through every single manager in the PT universe! Yikes. The other league has been recruiting for over a year and barely have enough to fill a league with. IIRC they have like 45 managers, but they're spread across all levels. I'm not waiting a year for a chance to make it out of iron.

I thought sleeping on it last night would help my frustration, but for the first time during this process, I'm still just as frustrated as last night. For several seasons I darn near have a .600 WP% and all I ever see next to my team record is "2nd place". Even after I go on a 8 game winning streak I don't get any closer to the guy in first because he went on a 9 game winning streak. Again, I'll stop beating a dead horse, but I do wish your idea was easier to implement because I would totally do this, but then I might be the whale of that league because I've been collecting PP in Iron for so long my team should be in silver at least.
I think the issue you'll find with the 'our league' group (which I'm in), is just the fact we restrict teams to historical cards only... not everyone wants to cast off their live/future cards... but if you have it open to any like-minded iron league teams who just want to compete without having a team of 25 perfect cards show up in the mix, you might have an easier time of lining up 29 other teams... worst case, you don't get a full league, but even if that happens and you get say 15; that's 15 fewer slots for a juggernaut to get.... worth a shot
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote