View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 09:12 AM   #6
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
This conversation exists for a reason.

I currently have a team that has been in Iron for 8 season - 4 of which I has qualified for the playoffs and lost early - thus remaining in Iron. I'm currently 83-23 and leading the second place team by 24 games.

I'm an example of the "whale-in-iron" that can't advance. After 4 tries, I have to believe I'll get out of Iron this year - but what if I don't?

A lot of discussion here on this subject and the BASIC problem is the game is not good at levelizing talent. Too many whales at lower levels that don't get out early enough, and too many mini-whales that climb the ladder too fast and get their shorts cleaned when they hit Perfect (and then get criticized if they try to demote themselves from that situation).

The Devs simply have to find a solution, or ultimately, a lot of us are going to turn to other things. Not everyone loves being frustrated all the time.
Why in such a rush to move up to where your team will be mediocre? I have atwo FTP teams, one team stuck in Bronze with a similar scenario as you and another that's only slightly better that made it to Diamond. If my Diamond team makes it to Perfect somehow, they're an excellent candidate to lose 120 games.

I'd be happy to win the Bronze championship, but I'm also not in a huge rush for my teams to get to the level where they'll be ROFL stomped.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote