View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Does luck ever turn around?

I'm 2nd in my division and first in WC standings leading the runner up by 6 games. I am EDIT 18 games behind the #1 team and I'm 2nd. IN IRON. This will be my sixth season in Iron and every season this crap happens. I've upgraded my team so much, and it doesn't matter because there's always a team like this holding me down even though clearly my team is better than all the competition (except the one obligatory team with 4 perfects and all golds and diamonds [mostly diamonds]) at this level as I'm almost always first or second in my division, but then I come up against a juggernaut who should have started in silver or gold at least.

We're at exactly the 100 game mark and the first place team has 76 wins already.

I'm sorry to whine, but my thought process always used to be "meh, it's only one season. I'll get re-seeded and next year the competition will be more even." Then I get re-seeded into another league just like the last.

I'm so close to giving up. This isn't my team stinking, or me doing anything wrong. It's "bad luck" keeping me from enjoying the game I love so much.

Does it get better? I'm not waiting until I have several perfects before I make it to bronze. That's a ridiculous requirement. "In order to make bronze you must have a team that can steamroll everyone on their best day with only 5 guys on the field." That's what it feels like, anyways.

I had troubles in OOTP19 PT because I was learning the game and I started very terrible at it. But now, I'm pretty decent, and even made it to diamond with a future legends team (not an easy feat from what I've heard). It's just so frustrating seeing those great numbers from your team and having no shot at making it out of the lowest level in the game. Solid winning percentage, being happy with the team you've created, honestly feeling like you have a shot to finally get promoted after 5 seasons of 2nd and 1st place finishes with a few seasons of being right on the bubble only to be bounced in the first round by juggernaut whales when you do make the playoffs. Again, sorry for the rant. I needed to vent.

Anyways, anyone else have the same issues or care to share your story for how you got around "bad luck"?

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-23-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote