View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I am considering updating the mod. I can easily replace existing stadiums with new ones or even add stadiums like his Petco Park. I am somewhat planning a bigger update that will take quite a while. I'd rather do a big update.

I know that some of the player labels need to be adjusted for some parks in the 2D pictures and diagrams, and I am considering adding a somewhat standardized set of additional camera angles for all of the stadiums. I am open to suggestions regarding this. I am considering angles from 1B side and 3B side that look across the field from approximately the upper deck.

A neat idea is to have a set series of camera angles with a naming convention that OOTP could use when playing games. So for example, during the pitch you'd get the classic TV camera angle looking in from behind the pitcher, then if the ball is put in play to the 2Bmen the view switches to an angle that best shows that play. I don't know how that might all work but since the game knows where the play is occurring on the field in theory it should be possible. This of course requires someone to find a way to program this into the game to determine which areas of the field use which camera angles. This might make playing out the games in 3D a bit more interesting. I think others have mentioned having some type of camera system in the game. If we can agree on the approximate camera placements and the naming conventions maybe we can have this for every stadium then?

I was also trying to get the stadium mod supported when using the exhibition mode. Currently these stadiums will not load in that mode. I have found a way to work around this, but it is quite a bit of work. If Markus makes a minor update to the game though both my parks and your parks in your mod will load too. Right now, neither of our stadium mods will load with the exhibition mode.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote