View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #71
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Just remembered something I keep forgetting to report concerning the 1965 season. Some of you may have read the thread I started here regarding family legacies in fictional OOTP universes. If you have, then you know that I spoke of creating a process by which I will identify current WPK players who will have relatives who play professional baseball, at some level, in this universe as well.
While this is still a work in progress I have advanced far enough in creating this system that two players during the 1965 season were identified whose sons (in both of these cases) will eventually also go on to be professional ballplayers.
John Carr, a 26 year old relief pitcher for the Pittsburgh Roadrunners, became the father of a son named Madden on April 27th, 1962. By traveling to the future in the WPK time machine, we know that eventually young Madden Carr will become a pitcher also- in his case a starting pitcher of the workhorse variety. Madden will be eligible for the WPK Amateur Draft in 1980. Whether young Madden ever makes it to the big show is a mystery that will only be revealed in due time.
Leo Gavilla, a 22 year old outfielder for the Columbus Whalers, became the father of a son named Frankie Gavilla on April 7th, 1965. Frankie, like his father, will be a speedster, though unlike his father Frankie will play shortstop and will be available to be drafted by WPK teams in the 1983 draft.
Attached Images
Image Image 
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote