View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #8
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Minor league roster limits are a known issue with respect to Rule 5 and with intermittent release of good prospects/high draft choices. As a first step remove roster limits on your lower minor leagues. Consider 30 man roster limits in higher leagues AA and AAA. Keep in mind that Markus can't have the game crash so it seems that he must allow for player movement when rosters are restricted. This IMO is why increased roster sizes mitigate the issues you see.

You should find little to excite you on the Rule 5 draft but I recommend keeping it because without it some late developing prospects will never flower. In fact the Rule 5 should be a vehicle by which the human player loses prospects hoarded via advantageous deals with the AI to AI teams. Another human player issue is not keeping a full 40 man roster. If you check MLBTR you will see that in real life almost every team has a full 40-man roster. Almost every transaction made IRL results in a player move of some type and often leads to an acquisition by need by other teams. Put another way if you have 35 players on the 40 and the AI teams are at 40 you will always be at an advantage that doesn't occur in real life.
One problem I have seen with the Rule 5 draft is the AI teams having less than 40 players on their 40 man roster and leaving top prospects off and subject to the Rule 5 draft. I have gone in manually and added top prospects to those teams at times and restrict myself from picking up any such players that can't be added. But it still ends up with some teams losing top prospects they probably shouldn't lose. I also have upped the 40 man roster to 42 and would consider bumping it to 45 if it lessened this problem. I use 27 man rosters in all minors except rookie (unlimited) mainly to avoid having AI teams without adequate subs at various positions. I may bump those limits to 30 at AAA and AA to see if that helps.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote