View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #44
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
FM is too much management and not enough game. OOTP is perhaps too much game and not enough management. Since I work at a highly stressful job there is no way I want or need the interactivity of FM. OOTP wins for me because I like playing and watching baseball

I think trying to compare the games is silly. Especially with the stated purpose of saying how bad OOTP is. The two sports are so radically different in set up preparation and execution that you just can't compare, especially at the training level. Baseball is played Football is practiced for.
I am not saying OOTP is bad at all. Why would I spend so much time at it? I guess for me, I wished it concentrated more on modern day to day management. It just doesn't...they say play it your way. And I try to make it as detailed as possible. I play only one day at a time, and even use real time to sim the games. It just feels like there isn't enough to do. There needs to be more detailed staff and interaction. There needs to be participation in player development with a full staff. For me I guess, as long as OOTP remains more of a " bare bones" sim (sort of like fof) I'm just not sure ill ever be totally engrossed and engaged...even though I am as much as one can be in OOTP's current state.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote