View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Why?

There are not even 10 people doing this. As far as I can see it is one user and he is new. Why can't a mod contact him via PM and suggest a better course of action.

A short time ago I started a risky thread that could have been nasty. A mod contacted me while deleting the post and explained his reasoning. I agreed and my temporary lack of manners was finished. I'm not sure why 10's or 100's of posters should have to put one guy on ignore in this case.
I actually, before I saw your post, just drafted a PM to send to him and sent it to someone else for some quick feedback. I'm sure i_davis already knows he's been bugging people with these PMs (he has voted), but perhaps we can, as you said, suggest better. I'll definitely send something.

Some things I'll probably recommend are:
-don't send to people who have said in this poll that they don't like to receive them
-keep a list of whom you sent to so you don't accidentally soon send them another
-don't send mass PMs as they seem to draw more ire than individual PMs

Can you think of anything else?

I don't want to give him or anyone else a warning in the future over these and I don't want to take away the ability of anybody to send PMs (if that is even possible). As the poll shows, opinion is pretty divided on this, but I do think there are certain things one can do to lessen the chances of bothering people.

He's not new by the way. Unless you mean to commishing which he may or may not be. I suspect he is. Let's try to keep in mind that we all had to learn netiquette once and maybe he's just still learning. Trying to fill a league isn't always easy and so at least he's trying, but maybe he could do it in a more effective way that attracts less negative attention.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote