View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #16
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Changes prior to 1903

I moved the Baltimore Orioles to New York to become the Highlanders in the exact same manner as the Milwaukee to St Louis shift last season. Remember to rename the Highlanders historical Team ID to NYA and hit enter after changing each line in the team options and ballpark screen.

You could also change the ballpark at the same time if you so desired. I am not doing it in this sim.

Since Baltimore has a long history of minor league baseball I decide to move the Norfolk Blues franchise to Maryland and rename them the Baltimore Orioles. Certainly not something that is necessary but just a matter of personal preference.

I now have a fair number of minor league players for each team so I turn on injuries but put them at Very Low for injuries and Low for position player tiring. This is changed in the league setup menu.

For my league the AAA batting averages are still far too low so I am bumping the modifier for hits from 1.200 (changed it to that last season) to 1.400. Walks are also a little low so I raise them to 1.300. I am not looking for perfect minor league stats so I am not overly concerned with this but I will make small changes when I see a big issue.

My major league stats are quite acceptable and the game is automatically adjusting my modifiers so no changes needed there.

Last thing I do is import the 1903 schedule. You could also change the World series to a best of 9 for this season since it was that in real life. I do not bother in this sim.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote