View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 12:42 PM   #20
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
So if I were to download that database or whatever it is in ZIP format, what folder would you perhaps recommend I put it in, at least at first, if at all possible, et cetera? Please advise. Thanks for your time, and help, and advice. Dovatha out.
i put all the files i get from OOTP (or related to it) in my Documents folder, which has the saved games and other data,
i created a new folder, calling it Spritze data. Downloaded the file there, and unzipped it there. Once it is unzipped, i renamed it historical_database_Spritze.odb . Then i click "copy" and find the OOTP game folder (on my copmuter it is C:\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 18\stats) and paste it there. That way, any updates to the game do not erase Sprtize dB, only updates the game's database.
Once you get to importing players, you need to be certain which database you select and where it is located. Chosing the wrong one will most likely result in not getting the players you seek.
Pretty much after that, it's a matter of trial and error until you get the method and path perfected. (i would create a test league, one that you can dispose of if something goes wrong and then try everything you want to do in that. Once you get it all like you want, you can delete that game and then make your real league. Keep a copy of stuff like logos and anything else you don't want to recreate in a 2nd folder . It may help to take notes on what you try and if it works or not. It's a pain, but in the long run, a time and sanity saver.)
Hope this helps some.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote