View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #6
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Well, I'm working on a quickstart, or trying to, with certain teams with historical names, and seeing as certain teams won't be able to fit certain players on them with the setup I have in mind now, I'm trying to assign certain players to certain teams, if there isn't likely room for them on certain other rosters. Similar to the idea of creating all-time greats-themed teams like there is now present as a quickstart, already, but with some of my own personal changes to certain teams. I'm trying to do this so that there is hopefully a much better balance of talent for certain leagues' players in the setup in question here.

For instance, the Yankees, to name just one team I'm talking about here, have had more than 25-40 excellent players in their franchise history, dating back to the Baltimore days, of course. And seeing as I wasn't going to be able to possibly include several of them on their all-time roster for the purpose of this idea, I've put some of their good, if not great, players, at least, on other teams for this setup. Of course, the Yankees aren't the only team with too many players to fit on their starting roster for this setup, for obvious reasons. I am a fan of the Cardinals, and I have assigned some of their historically good or great players, like Bobby Wallace and Jack Rothrock, who played for them as well, once upon a time, if memory serves, to the Arizona Diamondbacks in my aforementioned setup. Danny Cox, Fernando Vina, Ted Breitenstein, and Jesse Burkett, for example, have already been placed on a New Jersey-based team in this setup that I'm currently working on, come to think of it.

Yes, I know that some of the assignments of players may not be logical, at least to a degree, but I'm trying to work with hundreds, if not thousands, of players from baseball history between 1871 and 2016 or 2017, and I've been trying to plan this sort of thing out for years, even since before I ever got OOTP 18 and Franchise Hockey 3 last year. I don't know just how everything will play, but I'm trying to basically set things up so that at least at first, all my imported real players are as young as possible, in as many cases as possible, and to that end, I have even imported them at younger ages than they were when they actually debuted in MLB's history, if and when I thought it appropriate enough and possible enough to do so.

I hope to see a longer career for people like Gehrig and Clemente, for example, who had their careers often cut short due to tragic circumstances, no matter what those might be. I haven't yet added Thurman Munson, for example, but every year, I plan to perhaps add at least a few more real historical players to the mix manually, if not many, per season.

Thank you all for your time and attention and advice here, and I'll try to keep it in mind and not forget it at all, if and whenever possible, in the future. Dovatha out.

P.S. I'll be importing each of these players periodically as free agents, or have, before ultimately assigning them to certain teams as needed and/or desired, most likely, with few, if any, potential exceptions. At least at the start of things, anyway, that is, for the ones that I've chosen so far, at least. Dovatha out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-15-2018 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Noticed a misspelling or two, at least.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote