Thread: iOOTP FAQ
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #54
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Got another question being new to baseball sims...

Looking at my roster I sorted by years remaining to see who I want to begin contract negotiations with. However, I see three things... "1 year", "1 year (auto)", and "1 year (arbitration)". My question is what is the difference betweeb the three. Also Which do I need to send offers to?
1 year will be a free agent at end of contract
1 year auto will have their conract automatically renewed at the same amount
I year arbitration will get a new contract but with the new arbitration salary which will be indicated in the contract details screen

Some of these can change throughout the season though based on time in the active roster .. so best to check once in a while

I'm not 100% on how much time a player must spend in the Active Roster per year for them to eventually get to Arbitration .. that's my question

Read this ..... Major League Baseball transactions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ....and was still confused !!

For purposes of salary arbitration and free agency, a player acquires a year of service time if the player remains on the major league roster for at least 172 days of the 182-day season.

Is this the same in the game ?

So to get round this you could demote a guy for more than 10 days at the beginning of hios career ? ... like LAD are rumoured tohave done with Puig

Erm I believe this post confirms that in regards to contracts I haven't a clue

Last edited by Disco Dog 13; 04-08-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote