View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #9
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl81790 View Post
The offer is greatly appreciated, Brad. I'm kinda in the process of deciding what I want to do. I do have a few more questions just on how the game works since it has piqued my curiosity.

If I were to do a historical league, the MLB Draft as we know it didn't start til June of 1965, if I were to start in say... 1950, is there still a draft in the game? or the old school way of scouting and signing players?

You decide. You can have the draft or have new players enter as free agents in the offseason.

On top of that, often you hear about how players like Ted Williams and Bob Feller could've had even more illustrious careers had they not departed to country to fight in World War II for 4 years. Say I was doing a historical league set in 1943. Would Bob Feller be on the Indians?

I'm not 100% sure. If not, you could always import him very easily and put him on the Indians.

To be clear, the old versions of the game that are downloadable on this site are demos?

Yes, but you can buy them in-game for $20, I think.

How drastic are the updates year to year? Would it really be worth my while you think to wait until OOTP 15 comes out?

No because you save $20 now, and you can buy 15 for $40 when it comes out or for $20 during the All-Star Game sale.

Is it hard to add mods? Would someone with fundamental computer skills be able to do it with relative ease?

YES. All it takes is a download and a copy to a folder.

The Game... if you're still reading this... how did Clayton Kershaw end up on the Brewers in your league? Just curious, since you like talking about your league.

Lastly, thank you to all you guys that have already answered my questions. You've been very helpful. I actually just got a new job this week that I will be starting in a couple weeks. Once I get a couple real good paychecks under my belt I think I'm gonna buy OOTP (not that its THAT expensive, but it will be a nice little treat). Just a matter of what demo I wanna try in the meantime I guess.

See answes above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote