View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl81790 View Post
Is it possible to still get OOTP 13 or 14 and not pay full price so that I can first try out the series before playing full?
Does the game come in disc form or is it something I would download as a program on my PC?
Is there anything I'd have to consider in terms of PC capabilities or would a standard run of the mill computer be able to run the game just fine?
For those of you that play it, what are the drawbacks? What don't you like about OOTP?
In terms of doing fictional or historical leagues is it necessary to do any "modding" to the game or is it really enjoyable to play a fictional/historical league with the game the way it is as its shipped? I'm not really into the technicalities of working a PC like that.
How time consuming is the game? Does it ever become a chore to play?

Thanks for the help in advance, and sorry about the wall of text, figured giving background info might be helpful.
You can download Demo's of past versions and 13 & 14 should be under $20 right now.
It is a download, but i think you can find it at some places as a disc but i have never bought the disc version.
My PC is 8 yrs old and OOTP runs fine. I have 4 MB RAM AMD Athelon III? default everything. XP.
I dont have any outstanding complaints. I came over from High Heat in 2010 and have never looked back. I play a particular type of league which i have never been able to play so in-depth on any game. I have custom uniforms for all of my teams and some custom parks.
In my opinion modding is the best part of the game. The game does not come with historic uniforms so you can download them. The uniforms are my favorite part. I had the Sox black alt made for me and the road Brewers jersey is from 1997.
Takes 15-20 minutes max to finish a game. When it becomes a chore, you create a new league. I have 13 leagues that I do not play and one that I do. I keep a dynasty thread and that at times can get tedious but it is a way to record my league history and some enjoy my league. i can talk about my league all day long.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote