View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
djl81790
Bat Boy

Considering OOTP for the First Time... Questions

I've been an avid baseball game fan for a long time and love the MLB 13 The Show series but I often find myself not wanting to repeatedly purchase a game from the same series year after year. I bought both MLB 12 and 13 and don't really have a deep desire to get 14 this year for the PS3.

I know there is the new RBI Baseball that could be an option too but this OOTP really intrigues me. I will be honest, I had heard of OOTP before recently but hadn't really given the game much thought. I've never played it before. Now it seems like a good idea. I love realism, I 'm not in love with customization but it can be really cool and I'm good with not physically playing out the games via pushing buttons but rather just managing. It seems like OOTP could be right up my alley.

There are a few things that pop up though and make me question purchasing OOTP. I personally have a hard time convincing myself to play a game for the PC when I already have purchased a gaming system, like I'm letting the system go to waste, maybe that's just a pet peeve of mine. So to me that's an issue. Also, its just a new series I'm unfamiliar with and am not entirely sure I will like. I have a few questions that I'm sure you fine people could help me with.

Is it possible to still get OOTP 13 or 14 and not pay full price so that I can first try out the series before playing full?
Does the game come in disc form or is it something I would download as a program on my PC?
Is there anything I'd have to consider in terms of PC capabilities or would a standard run of the mill computer be able to run the game just fine?
For those of you that play it, what are the drawbacks? What don't you like about OOTP?
In terms of doing fictional or historical leagues is it necessary to do any "modding" to the game or is it really enjoyable to play a fictional/historical league with the game the way it is as its shipped? I'm not really into the technicalities of working a PC like that.
How time consuming is the game? Does it ever become a chore to play?

Thanks for the help in advance, and sorry about the wall of text, figured giving background info might be helpful.
djl81790 is offline   Reply With Quote