View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Destructions

Bobble's Random Events Chart Thingey Version 1.0

Instructions: Roll die, check chart.

How often?: Oh, I don't know. How about you roll two dice, and double that. It's that many days between rolls on the chart. If something doesn't apply to your league, reroll or ignore … whatever.

RANDOM = A lot of things on this chart call out a RANDOM player or team. You'll have to figure out a convenient way for you to determine that. An internet random number generator checked against a player's number or just count down your roster that many, something.

A lot of this stuff will still require a lot of imagination on your part. It's just a starting point, really. I'm not even sure all of it is possible. If you don't like something, change it then. What do I care?

1D6 is one 6-sided die, 2D6 is two of them, etc.

I wrote this for a solo or solo manager league. If you're doing a whole league not controlling one particular team, you'll have to randomly select a team to apply each roll to (as well as up the frequency of rolls). If you're doing a solo manager league, you'll probably need the Manager Mode Editor from one of the download sites.

I'm assuming a 1-100 rating scale for the players attributes.
It is roughly balanced (about as many good things as bad) but slightly skewed to make the game harder, especially over time. Not to mention you lose control over some of the things you normally control.
All the usual disclaimers apply. This will probably screw up everything and bring down Western civilization as we know it. Use at your own risk, please back up your files, nothing is my fault.