View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
Bones26
Minors (Single A)

Bluenoser, I appreciate that a rushing and a mobile defenseman are two different beasts, however in reading their respective descriptions shown within the game, it seems like a distinction without all that much difference. But be that as it may, what I am questioning is that the amount of such little distinctions, and that one presumes should be taken into account if one is to fully exploit the coaching features of the game are so opaque & onerous as to ultimately distract from the on-going enjoyment of the game. (At least in my view ...lol)

For example, I ask myself how does a third line mobile D with a 12 rating differ all that measurably from a third line rushing D also with a 12 rating, and how does that presumed difference factor into the resulting 40 possible tactical options you are confronted with for that line. So if I were to replace one player with the other on a particular line, then I presume I should also have to then also change my tactical settings for that line as well.(If I don't I have to, then I'm back to my original contention, that is it is a distinction without much difference).

I'm not arguing for less information, I just don't happen to equate that granular level of complication with depth.

But thanks again for your perspective.

Cheers!

Last edited by Bones26; 11-09-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Bones26 is offline   Reply With Quote