View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 04:03 PM   #2
Bones26
Minors (Single A)

Communication

In an earlier post, I put forward a few suggestions that I thought might help streamline game play and, in the process, allow for a more engaged and immersive Human Player (HP) experience, all within the current games existing framework.

In this post I would to propose a new ‘feature’ set for possible future inclusion in the game, again with the aim to make the over all experience increasingly more immersive and inter-active for the HP.

In todays sports environment one frequently hears of the need for ‘enhanced communication’ amongst the various stakeholders, (fans, players, coaches, management, agents and media to name just a few).

For anyone with access to one of the ubiquitous sports stations, who cannot relate to the after-game player / coach scrum or after practice media sessions etc., or to the GM having explaining his draft / trade/ contract or other player / coaching movement choices.

Currently, within FHM, this human interaction aspect of todays professional sports team is largely absent. While it is hinted at via hidden attributes, the HP GM / Coach has no real way to ‘speak’ to any of the issues likely to confront their real-life counterparts in the modern game.

Building off the concept introduced via Team Chemistry / Fan Support, then assume under this feature, you have a particular player experiencing a prolonged slump or that has uncharacteristically taken a rash of bad penalties in recent games, or conversely that is on a roll and that you want to build on that newly found confidence. Ditto for similar type of team wide performance matters etc.

To that end, I think it would be an interesting feature if for instance one was able to provide the HP’s GM and / or Coach, a bank of “PROFESSIONAL” points at their disposal at the start of the year (amounts and effectiveness subject to the GM /Coach’s own communication / motivation skills) and that they can choose to ‘spend’ at their discretion either in private or public, and in whatever amounts the HP feels is appropriate, on addressing a particular difficult situation, or perhaps used for player / team motivation, and so on. Such an intervention may have, depending as well on the recipients own values, either positive, mixed or negative consequences with resulting tangible consequences on subsequent play outcomes.

Could this not add yet another strategic / tactical aspect to the gameplay and contribute to the sense of engagement and immersion for the player.
Bones26 is offline   Reply With Quote