View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 08:48 PM   #58
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

I personally had stopped playing OOTP19 months before the perfect league drew me back in. If it wasn't for the perfect league I wouldn't have played any challenge mode until 2020 came out. So I do agree it's a nice added bonus and wouldn't mind seeing it stay in the game in some format.

I haven't used the 27 Yankees method myself but do something similar. I run a new historic league, setting it to use random players from all eras in 2017, then run an inaugural draft. First season is usually above average but after the season is over I pick up every free agent with a 4 rating or higher by back-loading their contracts. I'll trade off much of my original team to get the first 3-5 draft picks in the first round. By season 2 between 3-5 hall of fame rookies and 10-15 4-5 star free agents my team will typically win 120-140 games a year and most awards. With it being a new league and random players the hitters are ridiculous as there aren't enough good pitchers in the league yet. The top hitters will bat over .400 hit 80-90+ home runs and have over 200 rbi. I run this for 3-4 seasons until the hitters start to normalize and hit 40-50 homers. By that time I usually have a free pack anyway.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote