View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 09:21 PM   #329
stevem810
All Star Starter

From the Journal of Julien Henri

June 18th, 1972

I never dreamed I'd have such a rich and rewarding career in baseball. It seems like just a few years ago I was hoping to work myself up from Single A Basse Pointe to the La Vauclin Parrots.

Twelve years into organized baseball and I'm amazed at how lucky I am. Herve and I, best of friends, have been able to play our entire careers together. We are even signed to contracts that would allow us to be free agents in 2 more years, if Herve declined his player option. It's something we've discussed as we often share our baseball and personal goals.

Regarding baseball, we both might like to someday play for a team in the only country we've not been a part of the FBL, the Canadian League, specifically the french speaking eastern portion. We loved our Martinique experience more than we could ever express, and, Paris, who wouldn't love to play under the lights....in the City OF Lights?

I haven't written much of late, but Alize and I plan on getting married at the end of the season. Her job takes her back and forth from Paris to Montreal. I've always loved Montreal, an amazing city in its own right. She is living in the old part of the city near the ball park we play in when visiting. We have a 3 game set in 6 days in with the Royals, so, yeah, that is big on my calendar.

But, baseball for Paris is what matters right now. We are going for 4 straight years of the playoffs and first place in the France league, and we are also defending the first Parisian championship from 1971.

Lots of good teams this year so we're going to have to keep our levels steady for now, then up them for the post-season.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote