View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 10:54 AM   #23
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I disagree completely. The composite ratings of the Historical Legends are based on individual seasons which in fact did happen. Where's the difference to the OOTP 19 Legends, there the ratings were based on an arbitrary array of X peak seasons, so in your argument this combined stats set never happened either.
Obviously you disagree. You're the boss. Otherwise you probably would've vetoed them.

The difference between the two examples is this: a "peak" card based on a string of seasons around the player's peak is representative of a player's ability around his peak. They are (or should be) representative of what that player was capable of producing in a season at the height of his career.

The new Legend cards don't represent ANY point in a player's career. It's cherry-picking a player's best individual category ratings from different points in his career to produce something that pushes realism way beyond the PT19's version of Legend cards.

I know this game is your baby. But your response seemed a little uncharacteristically defensive. I'm not even arguing the point that people won't like these new legends; I'm guessing there will many who are happy to have a super card regardless of who it is or how it's calculated, so long as they can construct the best team possible. But the two types are a complete apples to oranges comparison. I'm sorry, but we don't see eye-to-eye on this.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote