Thread: FHM 6 Idea's
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 04:19 PM   #84
DRW fanatic
Bat Boy

Haven't played FHM in a very long time. Bought FHM5 and I love it. I hate being critical but here goes:

I started playing the Red Wings in 1970 (as I am old...lol). I am the GM only. When drafting and picks were slim there were Russians that had good potential. What the heck, I picked them. They developed but I can't sign them. What I did find out is that I could use them for trading. I stockpiled Russians when drafting and have built an all-star team by trading the rights of the Russians and a late draft pick. I haven't traded a single player from my team. I'm not sure when Russians are allowed to sign in the NHL but I am in the 1986 season and I still can't sign them, so I continue to trade them for great prospects or young established players. This is way too easy !!!! It's fun to win...when you work to get there.

I agree that the GM has to have more input. After drafting, signing, staff, renewing contracts and trading with the rights of my Russians there isn't anything for the GM to do but click "next game, "next day". The above is all done between July 1 and July 4....I do really enjoy these 4 days but there really needs to be more. I'm complaining with no solutions...sorry. Not sure what the GM could do but this is why you guys make the big bucks...lol.

Triple A.......What exactly is happening? They have the worst coaching staff but I can't fire any of them. What is the purpose of the AAA scouts? My NHL scouts cover every draft pick and FA's. As GM of an NHL team I should have control of what is going on in my farm club and change what I feel needs changing. So....who is coaching the AAA players? I get reports and they are making really good progress. I know they are not progressing from the crap coaching staff in the minors. Are the rookies in AAA being coached by the NHL coaches ??......and if so...why / how ???????

That's it for now. Thank you very much for listening to the fans of FHM5. I hate to criticize, but I still love the game.

Last edited by DRW fanatic; 07-27-2019 at 04:25 PM.
DRW fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote