View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

The Players

After reflecting on what went wrong the previous time I tried an RDL league, I realized it was because I had no attachment to the players and teams due to the randomized import settings. Thus, I am taking what I believe to be thoughtful liberties creating team rosters. Each team is receiving 6 "Legacy" players, the vast majority of whom played with the teams they were assigned to. Some players I learned more about through PT have been added to this population. The players were imported using the OOTP historical database. Each team received :

An "Ace" pitcher: 70+ ratings
A "2nd starter": 60 - 67 ratings
A "Fireman/Closer": 69+ ratings
2 "Superstars": 70+ ratings
1 "Star": 60 - 67 ratings

Players were imported using seasons where their ratings matched these parameters. For example:

Redsox legacy players: Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling, Jonathan Papelbon, Wade Boggs, Ted Williams, & Kevin Youkilis.

Dodgers legacy players : Sandy Koufax, Orel Hershiser, Eric Gagne, Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, & Duke Snider

Reds legacy players: Tom Seaver, Jose Rijo, Rob Dibble, Joe Morgan, Joe Kelley, & Barry Larkin

Braves legacy players: John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Bruce Sutter, Chipper Jones, Eddie Mathews, & Andruw Jones

Initially, I was going to go with 1 HOF hitter and pitcher per team. However, prior to the initial draft, I saw there would only be 28 players per team and not a lot of top level talent. I'm using. reserve rosters and no minor league system, however I'd like to keep injuries set to normal. Thus, I added 2 more Superstars per team for balance and competitiveness. After the initial placement draft, I noted the bullpens were uniformly poorly rated and added the firemen. Then I went through each team, and imported one more star player at the position I believed to be the weakest on each team.

My goal is to create a hyper competive league with parity. However, after the initial distribution, I am leaving the player development in the hands of the OOTP development engine. Thus, the 110 TCR & disabling of Recalc.

Last edited by OzzyOz23; 03-05-2019 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity from iPhone
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote