View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #57
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I agree. When I said I expected to struggle to get to .500 this season, I didn't really believe that. I think you were right that we should be capable of about .600 in this league. The competition is very good, but not THAT good. Heck, we're struggling against the weak teams. For example, we struggled to take 2 of 3 from the Pittsburgh Thunderbirds who are 11-49. I mean no offense to them, but they're not a team that belongs in this league (they lost 90-100+ previously in perfect) and yet Clarkson and Johnson got hit hard by them too (they're 14th in R).

It's kind of funny, actually. We've got 7 games coming up against the Soniqs and I'm wondering just how badly can the Raccoons do. We're finally in 3rd place and have won 7 of 10, but that's against 3 weak teams.

I'm tempted to stay in this league for another season (I originally just wanted to try one season) just to see how much better we can do. But I don't want to stay too long since I'm now finding the PP from achievements to be much more important since I'm not spending on this team at the moment.

Edit: Keefe and company get clobbered by the Soniqs in 1st game, 11-4. It's truly weird seeing so many good pitchers simultaneously struggling. Speaking of weird... Lava is leading the team (and would be 3rd in the league if enough ABs) with a .345 AVG.
Right on, I agree, it's the sheer number of great teams but you've faced and beat teams that quality just about every season....

I wasn't expecting you to have a 120W season, but 100+ should be doable. I think the laws of average are going to make you go through some good winning streaks soon.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote