View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #18
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Hey Tiger Fan, as you progress through the years, at approximately what rate did you expand your Western League, and have you at some point found that you needed to actually add a new fictional minor league (wondering if that will even work, adding it after initial setup)?

In the early stages of trying this for myself I'm finding that after just one season (1901) I was able to easily double the size of my fictional minor league from 8 teams to 16 for 1902, and I still have over 200 free agents... Not a problem, just curious...
In my current sim I went to 16 teams in 1903 and then added a second AAA level independent league of 16 teams around 1908 or so. There were still tons of free agents but at least I got a lot of them playing. The issue with adding the second league after starting the game was I had to contend with fictional players that needed deleting. To make that easier I set the new fictional league to be based in Brazil (you can use any country that wouldn't have real players at this time) which allowed me to quickly filter most of the fictional players and deleting them.

Once those players were deleted I changed the nation and renamed all my teams.

I then folded my fictional Western League when the PCL began and folded the other one in the late 1920's as more minor leagues started to show up.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 04-05-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote