View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #33
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

1928 Week #22

Boston @ Philadelphia: September 3rd, 1928
Homer Krajewski hit his 9th home run of the year in game one of a double header against Philadelphia at Broad Street Park. The two run shot brought the Minutemen to within one but that was where they fell short. Bill Jenkins pitched 7 innings giving up 4 earned runs in the loss that dropped his record to 7-6 on the year. Charlie Barry and Paul McLain each had 3 hits each in the defeat. 5-4 Loss. (70-65)

Homer Krajewski’s hot bat got the Minutemen off and running in the second game of the double dip. Krajewski hit a 3 run homer in the 1st which gave the Minutemen a comfortable early lead. With 4 more runs in the 2nd inning it looked as if Boston would be in a good position to run away with the victory. Unfortunately, Ray Allen was not very sharp and the game was all even at 7 going into the 8th inning. In the 8th the Boston offense erupted for 6 runs putting the game out of reach as the Minutemen were able to split the quick series at a game each. 14-7 win. (71-65)

Boston vs. Pittsburgh: September 5-8, 1928
Boston would welcome in Pittsburgh for their final home stand of the season. In the first game Boston SP Dick Alexander was able to hold the Miners to two earned on eight hits giving the club a legitimate chance at victory. The Boston offense led by Alfred Cass’s 4 hits and 4 RBI’s sparked a team wide hitting frenzy that allowed Boston to score 12 runs and easily claim victory. 12-3 Win. (72-65)

Homer Krajewski’s hot bat paired with a strong outing by Ernie Henderson was enough for the Minutemen to take the second game of the series against Pittsburgh. Krajewski has 2 hits and 3 RBI’s but Paul McLain, Jake Duke and Carl Milam each had a pair of hits themselves. The win would give the Minutemen a chance at a winning home record if they could pull off the sweep tomorrow. 5-2 Win. (73-65)

In the final game of the series and the final home game of the seasonJack Holland gave the home fans a wonderful season send-off. Holland went all nine innings giving up two earned runs in the process. Homer Krajewski, Jake Duke and Joe Richards each had two hits and the Minutemen were able to hang on and beat the Miners by a run. The sweep would give the Minutemen a 39-38 record at home for the season. It was a great way to send the Boston faithful home happy. 3-2 Win. (74-65)

Boston @ Washington: September 9th, 1928
The first stop on the 15 game road trip would be in Washington to face the Eagles. The Minutemen sent Bill Jenkins to the mound with the hope of pushing the winning streak to four games. Boston scored first but the Eagles answered later. With a 4-3 lead going into the 9th Bill Jenkins only needed to get 3 more outs for the win. Well, he got two of them before Mike Walton hit a walk-off 3 run bomb off of him to end the game. 5-4 Loss. (74-66)

GM’s Desk: September 10th, 1928:
Tough way to lose that game yesterday. I know Jenkins and the rest of the guys like to finish the job everytime they pitch but maybe Jefferis would have been a better play in that situation. On another note. I’m really happy that we were able to sweep out Pittsburgh and earn a winning home record. Our fans are some of the best in the game and we really wanted to send them home on a high note for the season. We were absolutely brutal at home for a stretch of time so I am glad we could turn it around. I have been diligently working to finish my minor league evaluations. I should have those done for the owner later this afternoon.
Attached Images

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote