Thread: Idle Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 06:53 AM   #1
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Idle Thoughts

A random comment from someone got me thinking, "If I were to start a team from scratch and buy 100$ in points, how crazy of an offense could I build on a new team?"

So, here's the challenge: Build as good* of a team as you can on 175k PP. I'm going to throw some conditions too:
-Everyone has to be listed at their current (approximate) auction house price, so you can't be like "I'm buying Ruth for 25k". Not everyone has to be on the auction house right now, but you gotta at least be close at their sale price
-Everyone has to play at a position that they're listed for. So, you can use Bellinger at 1B or RF, but you can't play him at SS. Or even buy Jackie Robinson to play SS, even if he could train up there.
-You're only buying your starting lineup, so 9 guys. I'll give you bonus credit if you don't spend all the 175 and have enough left over to buy some pitching or utility guys, but I'm not worried about that here
-You also get bonus points if your players have some sort of defense. While the focus is on creating offense, and you're more than welcome to run out Carew at 2B, you're gonna be a better team if you have a LeMahieu or a Robinson playing up the middle if you can afford them.

Enjoy! I'll post mine later
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote