Thread: NBA 2019 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #46
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
I am also thinking Zion has an outside shot at being a top 20 NBA player in his rookie season.
I do not remember much of Lebrons rookie season. But people talk about an NBA ready body and he already is in the top 10%
And his moves around the rim and his off ball movement are already pro level. He can find space around picks and for his size can slither through gaps on the defense.

His passing is already ahead of where I thought it would be. He can pass out when there is nothing there, makes smart passes and already shows some court vision to make meaningful passes.

There is not much to work on during his rookie season outside of game experience.
The training staff can work on his stamina and injury prevention to get him ready for a long season and his long term durability.

The biggest concern I have is his free throw shooting. He is strong enough to finish through contact. But his play around the rim is going to lead to fouls and free throw attempts.
His free throw form is not good and if he shoots around 55-60 % then teams will hard foul him to limit him around the basket.

His long range shot can be a long term multi year goal. A knock down mid range shot will open up the defense a bit for the rest of his team.
If he can knock down a corner 3 at over 30% on 3-4 attempts per game then it’s over.

But damn he is so good already. His athleticism is simply on another level already from most of the league.

He already reminds me of a combo of Charles Barkley, Blake Griffin and Larry Johnson.
dook was holding him back. He looks 10x's better than he did in college. The thing that is scary is he doesn't know what he is doing yet. He reminds me of Heath Ledger's Joker. "Do I really look like a guy with a plan?....... I just dooooo things....." He's so explosive he doesn't have to think right now.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote