View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #52
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Static stadiums - I use to spend hundreds of hours collecting and organizing stadium backgrounds for teams.

the 3D stadiums (especially the historic ones since I play so much historical) has replaced all that because I enjoy the game in 3D so much. I see many here dont like it, but for me the style (basically Earl Weaver style modernized) is exactly perfect for what I want. Full on "the Show" style would be too much for me and I would notice the flaws. The current method reminds me of the impressionist style of painting. Enough detail to know exactly what I am seeing, but not so much that the lack of exactness takes away from the experience.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote