View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:11 PM   #112
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 9: Top 25 Media Poll

Really having a tough time understanding the Top 25 rankings this week. Now while I don't have a problem with Penn State, USC, and Georgia maintaining the #1 through #3 spots, I cannot figure out why the voters rewarded Clemson (from #6 to #4) and Oklahoma State (#9 to #5), yet penalized Oklahoma (#4 to #7) when all had bye weeks. Something screwy is going on there -- maybe T. Boone is doing a little behind the scenes work...

The biggest mover in this week's poll was the University of South Florida Bulls who moved up 7 spots from #30 to #23. The Oregon Ducks had the biggest drop among the ranked teams for the second week in a row, falling 7 spots from #23 to #30. Just a few weeks ago I was lauding them as a potential Top 10 team. #whathappened. Two teams fell from the Top 25 poll (Oregon Ducks and South Carolina). Taking their spots, #23 USF and #24 Troy Trojans.

The big game next week is the Red River Shootout, as #21 Texas (5-2) travels to Norman to take on #7 Oklahoma (6-1). My upset pick of the week is #12 ASU Sun Devils traveling to SoCal to take on the #2 USC Trojans. Lastly, how is Boise State not ranked in the Top 25 yet...?
Attached Images