View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
yankeesrule
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommishJoe View Post
Ok, let's get this thing started. Here are the questions I think the Yankees need to address:

1. How much and how long for Cliff Lee?
2. How much and how long for Derek Jeter? Does he stay at SS?
3. Do we sign Carl Crawford? Werth?
4. Who is our starting catcher?
1 - I could live with 5/20 or something around there. I see it coming in a bit under what they gave CC only bc i think the market has declined a bit since then.
2 - they're stuck between a rock and a hard place with Jeter. We cant haggle to much with him over money, it would look absolutely horible if they screwed around with him $$$ wise while having the highest payroll by far. Hopefully Jeter realizes his decline and doesn't try and hold the yankees hostage for something similar to what he was getting. 3/15 maybe? Still overpaying but not to crazily.
3 - I dont see us going after either unless they can come cheap. I like our OF of Swisher/Granderson/Gardner, hopefully they dont screw with that. With Jorge at DH it doesn't leave room for another OF'er
4 - I could see bringing in a vet. Not sure what the FA options are I wouldn't mind either signing or trading for a great defense average/slightly below avg offense catcher to bat 8th and call a good game. Sadly, I dont think Cervelli hits well enough to keep him as the every day catcher and I dont think Montero or Romine are ready yet to take over the every day job.

Other than this, figure out the back end of the rotation and maybe grab another reliever. I dont see anything happening with the lineup other than figuring out the C situation
yankeesrule is offline   Reply With Quote