View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #34
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
Okay. Good timing, I'm close to my next draft period. I've attached 2 files. The first being draft pool sorted by all batters and the next by pitchers.
Ratings & Potential are 1 to 20.

Now I've won the past two titles so I've got the last pick in the draft. Now the fact I've won the past two titles might be misleading, as I'm only 3 seasons into my start date. I commenced with an inaugural draft, so still have the majority of my original team that my computer AI largely selected ( I selected the first 6 rounds).
Now I know many of these guys are real players, however even the fictional one's do not show college or high school stats. Do I need to have college & high school feeder leagues added to my system for these to appear?

Anyway interested to hear your thoughts on the draft prospects.
The draft certainly seems to be very shallow?
I would try to get players in this order (I am not expecting the 1st 2 guys to be available.
1. Mantle switch hitter great power can play atl;east CF & RF and possibly SS for a few seasons.
2. Mays the best all around player not on steroids ever
3. Pete Runnels
4. Turk Lown - member of the 59 Sox so I am partial to him
5. Alton Brown - host of Good Eats on Food Network so if he fails on the diamond he can cook for ya
6. Bob Turley
7. Frank Thomas Big Hurt's white grandpa
8. Dick Williams 1 of the best mgrs of all time
9. Bob Cerv - move him to #3
10. Dale Long decent player
11. Sad Sam Jones
i am surprised on how little I know or remember on the rest of teh players.
go to baseball reference.com and see who else had great careers or check their real life stats page.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote