View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #32
Qwerty75
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
Okay. that's good to know, that's pretty much been my approach to the provided scouting reports, is assuming a mid point betwen my scout and OSA.
Now I'm playing a historical league, but with fictional players on top of the real guys. None of the players are showing High School or College stats though. Stupid Question alert.... Do I need to add in High School & College feeders to get draftee's to produce stats ?
Yes, that's how I approach the scouting reports for the amateur draft, but for major league players, especially those on my own team, you can generally trust your own SD's reports over OSA's if he has high ratings and you allot a significant amount of money to that area. I prefer accuracy in evaluating major leaguers over other parts of scouting, so I devote the highest share of the scouting budget to that area. On the other hand, you can't get accuracy in scouting reports across the board for amateurs no matter how much money you put into it (as of v11). Your SD will be more accurate for players in your own organization than outside and accuracy improves as the player becomes older, so definitely lean on your own SD to evaluate your own players over OSA if your SD is decent at all.

As for your last question, I've never played a historical league, so I don't know how the game treats historical amateurs that might show up for drafts. Fictional amateurs should have one year of COL or HS stats generated that gives you a guess as to their current ratings.

Qwerty75 is offline   Reply With Quote