View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #22
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorgan184 View Post
ryanivr posted a great wealth of information on what to look for in specific positions. But I think once you start getting a feel for the game, and drafting, and free agency, and putting guys on your roster one of the most important things I feel is designing a baseball team to fit your ballpark. Are you going to guy with a pitching stuff of high strikeout guys and hitters with great power because you play in a stadium that is homer friendly? Or maybe you play in big park that favors pitchers so you concentrate on rangey outfielders and great defense with ground ball pitchers?

Baseball is a great game in that it can be as complex and as simple as you want it to be.
Great points...I am a huge fan of building my team to suit my park.
My Chicago Fire play in a version of Baker Bowl, that while has a 60 foot RF wall it's still only 290 feet down the line. I have 5 left handed hitters in my lineup 2 of which are dead pull hitters.
And while since putting my team in this park my pitchers do give up more longballs i have 3 sinker ball pitchers on my staff (myself being 1) that tend to keep the ball on the ground.
Compared to my Endor City Capitals that play in a version of Old Comiskey my team is based more around speed and defense then around power. and I have flyball and groundball pitchers.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote