View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 04:57 AM   #80
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Walkers news: July 3 -- St. Louis 3, Des Moines 2

St. Louis' Nicky Delmonico hit a three-run home run off Des Moines starting pitcher Jose Berrios with one out in the top of the seventh inning to help give the River Walkers a 3-2 win at LaBlatt Park.
Leading 1-0, Brock Holt led off the seventh with a single and was joined on the bases by Michael Conforto with a one-out walk.
That set the stage for Delmonico's 17th home run of the season.
River Walkers starting pitcher Trevor Bauer turned in another strong outing, allowing one run on five hits in seven innings. He struck out eight and walked none.
Des Moines did threaten in the bottom of the ninth.
Rafael Devers open things with a double off Andrew Miller and a Cody Bellinger single put runners at the corners.

A passed ball while Giancarlo Stanton scored Devers, and moved Bellinger to second.

But Stanton struck out. Miller then got Austin Hays to ground out and struck out Chris Taylor to end it and earn his fourth save.
Berrios went the distance for Des Moines, allowing all three of the runs from Delmonico's homer. That was one of three hits for St. Louis. He struck out eight and walked one.
(NOTE: I simmed this game by mistake. I usually play out all nine innings. While I don't mind the result, there were some players used by the AI which I was planning to give a day off).
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by rink23; 01-26-2019 at 05:01 AM.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote