View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #53
JCWeb
Hall Of Famer

Question re Post #43, Item 2

I agree this is very interesting stuff. Chris, I have just one question for you, regarding the list for the international matchups which starts with #1 ranked versus #30, etc. and pardon me if I misunderstood this, but can't it get kind of boring to have the #1 guy face the #30 guy all the time, wouldn't you want some of the top 10 guys to mix it up, etc., or perhaps this is covered with your title fights among the different regions. It just seems to me that seeing #1 go against #30 all the time is sort of like the first round of the NCAA hoops tournament where it is ALWAYS #1 versus #16, 2 versus 15, etc., unlike one of my favorite sports, tennis where you have only a certain number of seeded players and everyone else is a floater in the draw -- i.e. you are pretty much guaranteed exciting matchups right from the start as we hopefully will see starting off Monday day 1 of the US Open next week.

Of course, if you have 30 plus great fighters in each division, then I can see how all the international matches would be exciting, just wonder if you have considered some variation when you pair these guys up ...
JCWeb is offline   Reply With Quote