View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 10:41 AM   #25
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphilb View Post
It seems like a lot of work for a marginal gain. I just can't see where the fun is in having a team win for 4 days but then lose for 2 days with the hope you don't make the playoff all for a few more pp. I kind of wish they would do away with PP and just make the game only packs with packs given for achievements. It would force managers to adjust their teams and ballparks based on pulls and may eliminate some of the cookie cutter teams we see now.

I like your proposal but I can understand the not-so-good profitability from that setup(unless the whales all go hardcore deep in packs, then I take back the "not-so-good profitability"). Even if whales go hardcore on packs, the others are now stuck without the AH to acquire players. I am not sure if people liked the theortically slower progress and a much harsher environment for anyone who wants to play with a theme team -- you either open everything you need to die trying.

I do, however, wonders if there's enough interest for some sort of draft mode for the players who enjoy playing with what they opened. I might write a detailed suggestion down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
If someone wants to do that though then I don't see why it's a problem. To all the other players it's just a team in their league playing close to .500; no one is harmed by that. "Tanking" to me implies intentionally relegating yourself with a team that is far below the quality of other teams, and people have a problem with it because the disproportionate amount of PP and free wins they give away heavily skews their league for that week.
Fair take. Aside from the intentional relegation you said, I think someone (who is leading the conference) intentionally harming its team record by substituting bad players at the tail end of the season is also a a kind of tanking. Other than that two, I am cool.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote