View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #38
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Going to try this tonight as Historical gets harder with each new version and I failed with too many fake players in the minors and trying Spritze's HS database and no players imported. I now know that I need to go into Spritze's excel, add a column, put a comma in there and import minor leaguers manually before the minor league is 'accepted' by OOTP 18. PCL in 1921 instead of 1903? seriously?

Couple of questions...

If you abbreviate the teams with the appropriate abbreviation they have in the next year. (Say Re-abbreviate Southern Association in 1931 so it is the same as baseball references abbreviation) will the teams history carry over? Seems it should.
I find the Bbref abbreviation by grabbing a player who was in the majors at one point, seeing their overview page and then clicking see minors over their hitting or pitching table
https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ashiwa01.shtml
Chattanooga is abbreviated CNG

Can you change minor league teams to new leagues and do associations? I tried to set up:
PCL as 8 level independent
the International League and American Association as 7 level AA and Southern association and Texas league as 5 & 4 affiliates. But I did it as a new league and thus got a slew of fake players and free agents with names like Tyler and Josh. I did go in and unretire most players under 40, which was exhausting because you need to edit them, but the fake players were created right away and too much of a pain to delete individually.

It killed my enthusiasm to try again until I found your post, but if I follow your guide, can I later break off IL and AA and make them face each other in the Little World Series by 1901?

Last edited by Carlton; 06-05-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote