View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #17
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post

It will mainly be a graphical (the new graphic designer Daniel wants to give his design ideas to the game) and roster update for 2017.

If you have small feature wishes, let us know and we will see if it fits in our schedules for release and/or a later update.
OK, I get it, and it kind of makes sense: by releasing something that is only cosmetically altered and almost completely devoid of any substantive programming updates, Sebastian can dramatically improve the margins for this year's game and actually make something that's slightly better than minimum wage for his work. I get that. I just wish OOTP would figure out a better way to make the financial model for this game work, for them and for the lead developer.

I am glad to hear Daniel is here to improve the graphic design (and my suggestion is to ditch the kiddie cartoon look and make an interface that is actually designed for adults), but I have to say a "new features free-for-all" at the last possible minute doesn't sound like a development plan to me, it's just creating last-second chaos in what appears to be an attempt to distract us away from some of the inevitable grumbling that will happen when people realize that OOTP has not been thinking about this game AT ALL for over a year.

I think OOTP needs to realize that this new version is going to get absolutely hammered on the App Store with one-star reviews screaming that it's a "big rip off" because "nothing has changed" and "they're charging the same price." Personally, I support this game and I support the vision Markus laid out in his (now unfortunate) promise last year, and I always give it five stars, but if OOTP is looking to expand the audience for this game and keep the current players on board, they really need to get a plan in place, supported by a financial model that makes sense and doesn't cause the lead developer to (justifiably) moan and complain that he's basically doing everyone a favor by working on this game essentially for free. That's not good for his morale and it makes some of us wonder what the heck is going on at OOTP.

But go ahead and toss the MLBM fans a bone this year, we'll take it, because like they say in baseball, "There's always next year."

Last edited by sfnate; 03-01-2017 at 06:33 PM.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote