View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #16
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Yeah but your post is the most telling.....

2016: no changes, ootp promises major overhaul and improvements

2017: no changes

I just can't believe in 2017, when every person has their mobile device in their hands 24/7, ootp isn't looking to capitalize on that enormous market.

Why not make the game free for a couple of weeks, and try to attract new customers?

Why not try to promote the game on social media?

Look at the App Store, look at how many freaking baseball games there are!

My guess is that sales are down from last year and so they don't want to put more resources in. I get that. But you can't abandon the mobile market, it's the future.
My feelings are similar. The community for OOTP Baseball didn't just materialize overnight. The owners and developers constantly interacted with users. They fostered relationships with their users by listening and talking. Finding out what features were desired or needed improvements. Using social media/adopting emerging social platforms to reach new users. Ignoring MLBM is the exact opposite approach to what has obviously been a winning strategy. They should be trying to put the same effort for MLBM, or what is even the point of development?

I too plan on purchasing MLBM when it comes out. I just won't purchase any of their other projects, until at least a little love is given to MLBM.
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote