View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #58
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
For those of you that's thinking about undertaking stats, here's what it takes if your doing it yourself.
About an hour minimum for each team depending on roster size.
If your doing an entire MLB organization, It can be done in about 5 hours non stop. 30 Organizations=150 hours. Limit that to 5 hours a day and your looking at 1 Month to finish just the complete Minors + another week to update the Majors with their 2012 stats. ...

Are we still talking about the project of putting together a file with the complete 2012 minor league stats?

If so, I have a much simpler method. I have been retrieving the stats, team by team, level by level. It only took me about 45 minutes to do the entire AL East. I then imported that into Excel and, using Excel functions, I was able to easily add the team ID for each stat line and also the OOTP player ID.

My plan is to do the AL Central right now and then take a break. Later tonight, I will see how much I can get done. Then, either my plan is to finish up the project tomorrow night or, at the latest, Friday or Friday night.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote