View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 04:41 PM   #7
wodi
All Star Reserve

I also have another idea for a small improvement to the game....

I have for years been complaining about the fact that few relievers are in the amateur draft pool and that you constantly will see established starters move back and forth from starter to reliever, despite this being very unrealistic.

I understand the logic that, relief pitchers are essentially just failed starters, and the idea is to not define prospects to positions right out of the gate.

But it doesnt work right in the game.

What if you just would have players by I dunno 3 years into their career, lock into their position.

So if you have a pitcher that is used exclusively as a closer for 3 years, his stamina will drop below 30, which will define him as a relief pitcher instead of being a “starter” used in the closer role.

The same for hitters. The mlb current players all have the ability to play a couple positions, most just one. The guys in the amateur draft pool all have a ton. Why not once the guy plays 3 years at say 2b, he becomes a 2b and loses his “experience” in say RF.

What happens later on when the league is populated with generated players, is you gave a bunch of guys just moving between positions and pitching roles each year. Its very unrealistic.

Yes I know players switch positions in real life, but this game takes it wayyyy too far. Yes I know John Smoltz became a closer. That is not my point. My point is Mariano Rivera came up as a starter, but at age 35, he would never have become a starter again. At age 40 youre not going to see clayton kershaw become a reliever. And yet i promise you, in mlb manager, at the end of his career kershaw will pitch in the bullpen.

Just coding issues that need to be improved.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote