View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #14
malor
Major Leagues

Markus,

I'm going to second what geoffmatt17 stated.

I don't have a touch screen and probably never will (or at least until I have no more choice about what is available for purchase in the future). While the mouse wheel works fine for small scrolling areas like on the lineup screen, for me, it does not have the fine tuning I sometimes need on the free agent screen with large lists.

My own personal use style is to avoid using the keyboard as much as possible so the mouse is my primary interface for any game that allows me to do so. If I don't need to go between keyboard/mouse I actually spend more time playing the game vs. navigating the controls.

Us older folks do not have the fine motor-controls of a younger person, but we do have the money to spend on OOTP and other games if the interface is designed well. This also covers my issue with color combinations I have brought up in other threads. I want to sit and play for hours, but if the color combinations prevent me from doing so because of eye strain. I lose interest when forced to take breaks. With 11 seasons played from MLB 2015 pre-start (approx. 350 hours last time I looked) on OOTP16 from March 2015 (first time I purchased the game) through Feb. 2016 when I stopped between seasons to wait for OOTP17 release, I may not have been a vocal voice on the forum last year (I probably did read every thread), but I am an avid player and look forward to playing this game for many years.

The fact that I can provide feedback and actually have a developer respond and even makes changes based on my suggestions or even fix bugs faster than I can follow up on the original thread the next day for status is amazing. Please keep up the excellent work.

Thanks for looking at the scroll bar size. I'd look forward to seeing an adjustment in the future.

Tim
malor is offline   Reply With Quote