View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:21 AM   #20
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Sharks strike to end 6 game slide
11/22/1991 21:47 PST

Stephan Lebeau had a 4 point night catapulting his team to a much needed victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs. It was their first win in 6 games.

Al Iafrate got the game rolling with his 8th goal of the year at .24 into the first period. After that, the Sharks took over as they scored 5 unanswered goals, with Lebeau (pictured) figuring in 4 of them.

“Everything just clicked for me tonight.” Said the centre. “We’ve had a very slow start so I hope we can pick up some momentum going into December.”

Coming into the game at 5-17, the San Jose faithful were delighted to see their team win a game, just their second in the month of November. Their previous win coming Nov 4th, against none other than the same Toronto Maple Leafs. “Wouldn’t it be nice to see them some more.” Said Coach Fyvie. “We obviously match up well against them.”

Glenn Healy also had a strong showing, making 27 saves on the night. “It’s been a really rough start to the year for me.” Noted the goaltender. “I haven’t been at my best many times this year, so tonight made me happy.”

There isn’t much time to celebrate as the Sharks face the Kings tomorrow, in Los Angeles. The Leafs will follow the Sharks south to LA but don’t play the Kings until the 26th giving them a chance the rest up and watch the competition.

For the season, San Jose sports a sorry 6-17 record, where as the Leafs are a respectable 12-11-1.
Attached Images
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote