View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #25
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
Yeah, I'm not saying I proved that there's no problem. There may still be an issue. However, with the claim that the scouted ratings from OSA don't change with a change in scouting accuracy, that I proved to be false. Now logically what we should see if we investigate it are players that show exactly the opposite of Vaughn. We should see players where OSA rates them low while your scout rates them high and as you increase scouting accuracy, they both converge to show a high potential. If those examples can't be found then we have a problem. If those examples are also out there then the example I posted doesn't show a problem like some are suggesting. It all depends upon context. If OSA is always more accurate then that's not good. However if sometimes OSA is correct, like with Vaughn and sometimes the team scout is correct, then that's what we want to see. Maybe I'll try again with a larger sample size and see what happens.
Thanks for posting the screenshots above. Can you also take a screenshot of the players' ratings in the editor? This will confirm that those OSA ratings are actually right. Just because they change very little when you change the scouting accuracy setting doesn't mean they're actually right. Looking in the editor will confirm or deny that.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote