View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #12
Snider&Hodges
Minors (Single A)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. You guys were definitely on the right track. I looked at his fielding stats from the season (1910) and it's ATROCIOUS. At first, before I posted about this, I looked at errors. He made a fair share but there weren't at all terrible, compared to the league average. Then I looked at ZR today as it was mentioned, and GOOD LORD. I admittedly know little about ZR but I can take a guess that that is awful. And while his Infield Error rating is 75/100, his range is 20/100, so it makes sense.

This is a spectator league so I have no control over what that team does. There's no DH so if they want to keep playing him for his bat, even though he's an actual stalagmite on defense, more power to them.

It is in fact Nap Lajoie, but player development is 'average talent change randomness'. Fielding ratings are based on a 3-year period. There is no player rating recalc - I'm letting the OOTP engine develop these guys. To clarify, I don't mind at all that this happened, I think oddities like this is part of the OOTP fun. It just took me by shock because with how he's been swinging the bat, I never pictured this version of Lajoie as a less than replacement player, even at this age.
Attached Images