View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 05:21 PM   #43
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, looking through there were definitely some cases that were getting out of control. With the changes, this definitely look better.

By default (avg/avg), I can get Hiura for deGrom, Syndergaard, McNeil, or Rosario. If I bump it up to hard, just the 2 starters finish the deal. And with hard and heavily favour prospects, not even either starter alone is enough to get Milwaukee to accept the deal (but you still only have to give up a guy like Mauricio or Woods-Richardson for them to accept).

And other superstars even harder to get. Trout you have to give up both deGrom+Syndergaard on average to get him, and on hard they won't even accept that.

Thanks for your help all!
Do you mind if I asked what "changes" you're referring to above? Is there a new update with an updated trading algorithm in the pipeline or something else?

For the record, my experience (with trading set to hard and neutral) has been that:
1) tippy-top prospects (basically around top 25 or so) are practically impossible to acquire no matter what you offer (even if it's a superstar making little money) and

2) the good prospects in the tier below seem very easy to acquire. To name a few, guys like Jon Duplantier, Corbin Martin, Nate Lowe, Nick Solak, Cionel Perez, and Reese McGuire, mostly guys who are mid to back half of the top 100 prospects, always seem extremely easy to acquire and typically go on to have very good careers.

Last edited by x McLovin x; 05-21-2019 at 05:23 PM.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote