View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #33
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=BirdWatcher;4490108]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post

This is interesting to me as to my eye there are a great many, albeit mostly rather subtle, improvements in the 3D graphics in OOTP20/XX/whatever. The way I see it, player movements in general, ball flight paths, catcher reactions, bunt plays, pitcher delivery, etc. etc., all have significantly improved in this version.

Keep playing with camera views. They really are pretty limitless in terms of angles you can view the game from. Want to sit behind the third base dugout and watch the game? You can do that. Want to take up a perch in the left field stands? Sure, you can do that. What about getting an overhead/blimp view? Absolutely, if that's something you might enjoy. Now granted, many of these views are not going to be ideal for seeing every bit of every play. And just like attending a game in real life, you might sit somewhere where you have a great view of the right fielder going about his business but if a ball is hit down the left field line there might be an area where the play is out of your view for a bit.
But in answer to the question you posed above in the previous post, views do not change as the play progresses. Wherever you are at the beginning of the play, that is where you will remain. Hopefully eventually the game will have dynamic views that shift during the play to give you the best angle on the action. But that isn't true yet.
Birdwatcher, thank you for always helping people with good, complete answers.

I really appreciate OOTP people like you.

I'm sure you know what you are talking about as far as animation... it is apparent to you that subtle improvements have been made... and that's great to hear.

Thanks for letting me know that the action will play out in the current view... and doesn't change views during the play.

As you say, one of these days Markus and the crew will perfect the animation... for me that is my ultimate dream... just to watch a game playout and for my fictional dynasty players to come to life.

I won't switch my dynasty leagues to OOTP20 until the final patch is made to the game... usually that is around July... I want the game to be as good as its going to get when I switch over to it... and I don't mind waiting until then.

I'm sure I will see the improvements at that time.

Thanks again for the reply.
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote